Gone are the times with the hectic routine of reinstalling windows each time it crashed or caused problem because of viruses and Trojans. With the coming of windows 8, its all been made a lot more simpler and time saving. Also it made the modern day layman having slightest knowledge of computers to right the wrongs going on in the PC with the click of a button.
Points to Remember after purchasing the new PC:
Since you bought a new PC,its now your responsibility to safeguard it and ensure it to be long lasting. For this purpose here is a tip all of us usually don't care about but is necessary for your PC to live up to your requirements.
Since you are since the first day going to install stuff to your PC to make it life like and personalized to help you do selflessly may things without just being a dummy.
But with the things you install, whether these are from any source you prefer be it the internet or USB drives or some Disk Drives, all of these have got a huge risk of injecting into your PC that may cause serious issues.
To be a step ahead of this problem, the first thing you need to do is make a Recovery USB pen drive.
Recovery Drive is a small partition originally provided by PC manufacturers nowadays to you can say "FACTORY RESET" your PC as in Mobile Phones.
Originally Recovery Partition is on the Harddisk of your computer and you can see a special Drive in File Explorer as shown below.
But it is sometimes Risky if your recovery Drive too is on the disk affected by virus. So a better solution is provided by windows to create a recovery drive.
How to Create a Recovery USB PenDrive :
1. Open Control Panel
2. On the Upper Right Corner select View By: Small icons.
3. Select Recovery from the list.
4. Choose Create a Recovery Drive.
5. Allow access and now Follow onscreen commands, Insert a USB pendrive with atleast 16 GB storage capacity and make sure it is detected.
6. Finally if you want to free up disk space from hard drive check the box saying copy recovery partition from PC to recovery drive and press next.
7. Follow the steps and your recovery drive will be made.
Now you can use this drive to easily Recover/ Refresh/ Reset your PC at and when required with the help of this USB Stick. Just keep it safe and don't use it for any other purpose or the files may get corrupted.
System Restore :
System Restore is a very valuable functionality if used properly and is at times a life saver.
We can create a system restore whenever we think that our PC is working really fine and we want it to run like this forever with all the files and programs you have installed until now being intact.
Using this feature you can easily retreive your PC settings and turn your PC registers to the same state as they were when this System Restore Point was created.
Create System Restore Point :
Look at the above image and follow the same path to reach the Configure System Restore.
Just click on this and a new window will open.
Here look at the bottom and click on create as shown in image below.
Just click on this follow the commands and your PC's system restore will be created.
Using System Restore :
To use System Restore See above the same image you saw to create the System Restore Point but this time choose Open System Restore.
1. A new window will appear.
2. By Default Recommended restore will be selected.
3. You can choose another Restore Point that you created yourself.
4. Just Select Choose a different restore point.
5. Now click Next
6. Now choose from the list the name of the System Restore Point you created and follow the instructions.
7. Now wait for some time until your PC is Restored to your comfort Zone and enjoy Computing.